If you are having any problems accessing this Web site, please let us know so that we can improve this site. Please be as specific as possible in your description of the problem(s) encountered, as well as their location on the web site.
In order to maximize accessibility, this site has been designed in with the following in mind:
- Electronic and Information Technology Accessibility Standards (36 C.F.R. part 1194) as promulgated by the Architectural and Transportation Barriers Compliance Board, pursuant to section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 794d).
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1, as promulgated by the World Wide Web Consortium.
- XHTML 1.0 standard, as promulgated by the Word Wide Web Consortium.
Resizing Text on Websites
All modern browsers (Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer) provide temporary and permanent setting options to adjust the text size as well as your font type. Once permanently set, your preference of font and text size will be the default options for all websites you visit. This is much more useful than looking for text resizing settings on each individual website that you visit.
In most browsers, you can easily change the text size by zooming in and out with either your keyboard or the keyboard and a scroll wheel mouse.
- Zoom in - Hold down the Control (Ctrl) or Command (⌘) key and the plus (+) key. If using a scroll wheel mouse, scroll while holding the Control or Command key down.
- Zoom out - Hold down the Control (Ctrl) or Command (⌘) key and the minus (-) key. If using a scroll wheel mouse, scroll while holding the Control or Command key down.
- Zoom Reset - To change your zoom level back to the original setting, Hold down the Control (Ctrl) or Command (⌘) key and the zero (0).
For detailed information on changing the settings for your particular browser, please refer to these instructions provided by the Disabled World website:
- Changing Text Size using Firefox
- Changing Text Size using Google Chrome
- Changing Text Size using Internet Explorer
- Changing Text Size using Opera
- Changing Text Size using Netscape
- Changing Text Size using Mac Safari
For a list of plug-ins to access non-HTML applications used on this website, please see the Tools page.